Historically, much of the housing in Fifeville consists of large, early 20th century dwellings. Forest Hills Park and the neighborhood were originally part of the Oak Lawn estate. While some of the housing in Fifeville was built in the early part of the 20th century, there are areas in the western section of the neighborhood where housing was built during the 1950’s in a subdivision known as “Pinecrest”. Blue Ridge Commons (a privately subsidized housing complex), formerly Oak Ridge Gardens, was built in 1970 and Orangedale was developed in 1979. Both detached and attached units, meaning townhouses and stand-alone houses, are located in the Orangedale section.